2023 padel ladder
The 2023 padel ladder is open to all members of the club and is free to enter. It runs from 1st April to 30th November 2023. If you want to compete in the padel ladder, please read the ladder rules/guidelines below and then contact Gary or Josh.
Gary and Josh
Padel Ladder Administrators
- The 2023 ladder will run from 1st April to 30th November 2023 and will run on a play and replace format. It is free to join the Ladder, but the teams must be members of North Costa Blanca Padel Club.
- Any teams entering the 2023 ladder will be placed within the ladder based on their assessed playing ability. New teams or teams that re-enter (for example after an injury) can join the ladder at any time throughout the year but cannot be placed higher than position 8 in the ladder.
- There will be three Ladders: Men, Ladies and Mix. Players may enter both applicable ladders if they wish e.g. Menâ€™s and Mixed or Ladiesâ€™ and Mixed ladders, and may have two entries per ladder with different playing partners.
- To be eligible for prizes in the 2023 ladders, the team must have competed in a minimum of 5 matches.
- Prizes will be awarded for:
- Highest ladder position,
- Highest ladder position for 55+ teams (both players must be 55+).
- The team with most played games.
- A team can challenge teams up to 5 places above or 3 places below them.
- Once a challenge is made the match must be played within 14 days.
- A challenge must be accepted within 48 hours, if not or if rejected the match will be lost.
- Teams under challenge must complete planned/ongoing match before making their next challenge. They must wait until the day after match results are published, and the Ladder has been updated.
- Teams must not challenge each other in two consecutive challenges.
- Both teams must make reasonable adjustments to enable matches to be scheduled. Teams must offer at least 3 date/time options during the 14 days period which must include a weekend day, a weekday, and an evening option. If the offered match times include these three day/time options and the teams are still unable to agree to a date and time within the 14 days period, Ladder Admin should be informed as soon as possible. Ladder Admin will decide whether there is a winner, or the challenge shall be cancelled.
- If the challenging team wins the match, they replace the losing team who are demoted one place. If the challenging team loses and they are below the position of the challenged team, then the positions of both teams do not change.
- In the event of a match being cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, the match will be cancelled by the Ladder Admin, and teams are allowed to make or accept a new challenge.
- Matches must be played at Cumbre.
- The cost of the court is to be split between players.
- Players provide their own balls and agree on a set. If they can not agree they must use a new set of balls and spilt the cost.
- Matches will be best of 3 sets, 2 full sets with a tie break and a super tie break as a deciding set, if required.
- The â€˜Golden Pointâ€™ must be used throughout the match.
- If a team does not complete the match due to injury, the opposing team will be deemed as winners of the match.
- The Padel Ladder is administered by the committee at the North Costa Blanca Padel Club.
- A WhatsAppâ„¢ Ladder group will be set up with all the contact numbers.
- The Ladder Administrators will update the WhatsAppâ„¢ Ladder groups.
- Teams must send the match results to the WhatsAppâ„¢ Ladder group as soon as possible after the match.
- Any doubts or questions must be send to the Ladder Admin, who will handle it.
How to enter
Contact Gary Clark on WhatsAppâ„¢ +34634351671 or Josh Clark on WhatsAppâ„¢ +34634306009.